Saturday, March 7, 2020

The Important of Having Great Listening Skills

I had a conversion with Irwin Ng (Senior Consultant) and Danny Goh (Manager) in Michael Page office a while ago.  I told them about my entrepreneurial journey in a few start-ups especially www.solemmi.com.  I told them that I traveled all the way from Kuala Lumpur to San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and many places in Malaysia to pitch my start-up, www.SoLemMi.com.

Danny Goh asked me, "What kind of feedback the investors have given to you?"  I told him that the investors suggested that I should move on with Education and Food Supply for poor people in poor countries especially South Africa in order to get a funding.

Danny Goh said, "Investors are mainly looking for high profits and high returns related businesses.  In order to get the funding, you must have a high profit winning business framework."

I replied to him after he said the above sentence.  "Did Education and Food Supply in poor countries offer a huge amount of profits?"  I asked him twice with double confirmation about his listening skills.  I was stunned.

If Danny Goh from Michael Page can earn RM 10,000 a month and I am sure that a lot of us with good listening skills will be able to gain 10 times of what he is earning now, i.e. RM 100,000 a month of salary.

I am sure, Danny Goh had left the organization now, I deeply believe because Michael Page must keep all high-quality employees.                  

No comments: