Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Latest Trend of Financial Management

After I completed my master degree coursework and passed my thesis in May, 2005.  I got a position as a Lecturer in Multimedia University (MMU), Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia in June 2005.  I spent four months in United States of America before I reported to work in MMU on the 3rd October 2005.  After 9 years ++ in MMU as a lecturer, about 10 months in Lincoln University College (Lincoln) as a part-time lecturer, about 3 months in Monash University as a seasonal tutor, about 4 months in UCSI University College (UCSI) as part-time lecturer and about 4 months in Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC) as a part-time tutor; a total of about 11 years of teaching experience in all level of universities and university colleges in Malaysia with approximately different levels of 1000 Information Technology (IT) and Engineering students or graduates.       

Today, it is 28th December 2019.  Looking backward, those students who graduated in year 2006, they have about 13 years of solid working experience in IT industries.  I met some of my students recently and I have listed their Financial Management types.

Financial Management Type 1:  "I don't believe in property investment.  Thus, my wife and I bought our first house/ property in cash after 5 years of saving and the dividends and profits from the stocks or shares investments from Bursa Malaysia.  We are investing RM 3000 per month ever since we got our first job right after graduation until now.  We did very complete research on which stocks or shares we should invest in and we found their dividends giving out history to ensure that we invest in the right stocks or shares from Bursa Malaysia.  We also the great supporters of "The Edge Daily" and "The Edge Financial Daily" (https://www.theedgemarkets.com).  Of course, it is excellent to invest in London Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange, however, our financial situation only can invest in the stocks or shares in Bursa Malaysia.  Our first house is a double-storey linked house or terrace house.  My wife and I are working as Software Engineers.  We never change our employers since we graduated.", said a former student.  I called him Mr. G.

Financial Management Type 2:  "I am a bit lucky because I need not to give a portion of my salary to any of my family members.  I am one of the team leaders in Solution/ Enterprise Architectural.  I am first joining the company as a Solution/ Enterprise Architect.  After 12 years of working with the company, I was promoted as the team lead.  My monthly salary is good enough for me to drive a new Sports Car, i.e. a Porsche Panamera.  I paid RM 13,000 per month for the car loan installment.  I really love sports cars and hopefully one day, I can drive a LaFerrari hybrid hypercar.  My current salary per month is RM 26,000 before tax.  I never move from my first job.  I am still working with the same employer", said another former student.  I called him Mr. H.

Financial Management Type 3:  "I need to give portions of my salaries to my parents because they are not able to work at the age of 70's and I need to take care of them.  I am married to my college or university sweetheart after a year of working in the IT industries.  I am driving a Proton Saga since I have the ownership right after I got my first job with my remaining PTPTN loan money to pay for the car purchase first down payment.  Of course, I still own a motorbike since my undergraduate study until now.  Occasionally, to avoid traffic jams, I ride my motorbike to work.  Thank GOD, my car and my motorbike are still in good condition with some small maintenance.  My current monthly salary is RM 12,000.", said another student.  I called him Mr. I. 

Financial Management Type 4:  "I have a single parent.  I am living with my mom in a condominium near Bukit Bintang.  I bought the condominium by paying monthly installments, right after I got my first job with the remaining money from my JPA Scholarship and my saving when I was a tutor with more than 50 SPM students during my undergraduate study.  I used to ride a motorbike from door to door to give tuition when I was an undergraduate student.  At that time, I did not know how important it is to get good results in my undergraduate degree and luckily, I completed my degree with First Class Honours Degree award.  I am glad that the first three months of my salary ever had shown the significant differences of my starting salary and my friend's starting salary who completed his degree with the Second Class Lower Degree award.  With this matter, I managed to own a Toyota Vios after three months of my first job.  I am still using this said car now.  A good car though.", said another student.  I called him Mr. J.     

Financial Management Type 5: ......

To all students, graduates and professionals, you have the choice to choose which type of Finacial Management which suite you the best.  Study hard to get a First-Class Honours Degree!  Be the first one to be employed in Petronas, just to pick one company as an example from your group of friends whereby you are earning RM 4000 monthly salary as a fresh graduate.  This is a fact because my student just got the offer from Petronas last year.  Students, choose your employers and be the best performing employees with your employers.  It is a goal for you to achieve RM 30,000 a month salary as the team lead or the head of the department, i.e. Department of IT for example in any Multi-National Companies (MNC).

All the best to all IT students, graduates and professionals!  Let's excel in Programming as a start!  Dear professionals, perhaps you can learn Python when you have free time!  It is a way to lead you to Data Scientist job position. 



     

No comments: