Friday, October 2, 2020

How to verify a news?

I was at Hilton Kuala Lumpur just now to attend a meeting with a white man from Norway.  He told me that he received a message that President Donald Trump and USA first lady are diagnosed COVID-19 positive.  I listened and I kept on pitching my start-ups to him to ask for funding or any collaboration possibilities since he is working on AI, Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision.  

When I reached home, I quickly Google to verify his speech.  The keywords were "President Donald Trump and USD first lady are diagnosed COVID-19 positive".

It gave me one of the Google search results from www.cnn.comhttps://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-coronavirus-positive/h_d845066bb3a907a8ccd0516637ffc222.  

I quickly updated my twitter and broadcast this news.

A message from the Ministry of Home Affair (Kementerian Dalam Negeri - KDN) through SMS to all my mobile phones, it said in Malay Language, "Jangan sebar berita palsu melalui media social atau aplikasi seperti WhatsApp kerana hanya akan menyebabkan panik & boleh menggugat keselamatan negara!"  In English, it means "Don't spread false news through Social Media or mobile application like Whatsapp because it will caused panic and infridge the country safety." 

Thus, I am here to alert you on how to verify a news.


No comments: